Fine Gael’s empty branding hides absence of real politics
Saturday, May 6, was probably the most important day for Fine Gael since the last election.
Saturday, May 6, was probably the most important day for Fine Gael since the last election. Party leader Enda Kenny, with a general election a mere year away, had a unique moment. His leader’s address from the party’s ard fheis was to be broadcast live at prime time on national television. It presented a chance to sell himself and a party that was relaunched after its defeat in the last election.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive