Ewan MacKenna: Football is moving towards a stale monopoly, yet this is largely being ignored
Everyone has their own memory of what it once was.
Everyone has their own memory of what it once was. But here, it’s from 16 years ago, when Kildare finally walked over the line after a lifetime of crawling aimlessly in Leinster. At the final whistle, the man sitting behind the father lifted him out of his chair by the back of the jersey with such force that the fabric couldn’t handle it. Meanwhile nearby, another pulled a shovel out from beneath him, charged the field and dug up part of the goalmouth into a plastic bag to bring home as a memento.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.