Events in the North were the bane of Haughey’s career
In August 1969, in the aftermath of the Apprentice Boys march in Derry, widespread civil disorder blazed across the North. In Belfast, the situation rapidly escalated into crisis proportions as loyalist mobs began invading nationalist areas in the we
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive