Doughty Hanson preferred bidder in €250m TV3 buyout

Doughty Hanson preferred bidder in €250m TV3 buyout

Private-equity firm Doughty Hanson has emerged as the favourite to buy Irish television station TV3 for more than €250 million.

Private-equity firm Doughty Hanson has emerged as the favourite to buy Irish television station TV3 for more than €250 million.

The London-based Doughty Hanson is expected to be selected by CanWest as the preferred bidder for the 55 per cent stake in TV3 put up for sale by the Canadian broadcaster and the Irish station’s founders. The remaining 45 per cent stake is held by British broadcaster ITV.

Under a complex shareholders’ agreement, ITV will then have...

Subscribe from just 1€

Exclusive offers

Choose the subscription that is right for you

Monthly Subscription

€1

For the first month

€19.99 Monthly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Annual Subscription

€200€149

For the first year

€199.99 annually thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

Quarterly Subscription

€55€42

For the first 90 days

€55.00 quarterly Thereafter

Subscribe today

Cancel anytime

These offers are not available for current subscribers. Offers and pricing are subject to change without notice.

Terms & Conditions Apply

Please Subscribe or Log in to continue

Subscribe Login

More from The Business Post