Thursday October 22, 2020

Desmond: INM not 'off the hook' over Tribune articles

Dermot Desmond told INM chief executive Gavin O'Reilly that he would continue to pursue the newspaper group over articles published in the Sunday Tribune.

24th March, 2012
2
Dermot Desmond.

Billionaire businessman and Independent News and Media (INM) shareholder Dermot Desmond told the media group's chief executive, Gavin O'Reilly, that he would continue to pursue the newspaper group over articles in the Sunday Tribune after a receiver had been appointed to the newspaper.

Correspondence from Desmond in February 2011, seen by *The Sunday Business Post*, stated that INM would "not be off the hook" because the Tribune had "conveniently gone into receivership at your behest"....

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Exclusive offers:

All Digital Access + eReader

Trial

€1

Unlimited Access for 1 Month

Then €19.99 a month after the offer period.

Get basic
*New subscribers only
You can cancel any time.

Annual

€200

€149 For the 1st Year

Unlimited Access for 1 Year

You can cancel any time.

Quarterly

€55

€42

90 Day Pass

You can cancel any time.

2 Yearly

€315

€248

Unlimited Access for 2 Years

This product does not auto-renew

Team Pass

Get a Business Account for you and your team

Share this post

Related Stories

The best writing and and the biggest stories of 2019 from the Business Post

Richie Oakley | 9 months ago

Denis O’Brien is back in court, residents continue to fight the Council on halting site and a row surfaces in government over rent control proposals

Leanna Byrne | 5 years ago