Delivering a deal on our bank-related debt
There has been an important shift of emphasis in the messages coming from the government in relation to the EU/IMF bailout.
There has been an important shift of emphasis in the messages coming from the government in relation to the EU/IMF bailout. The previous insistence - that everything was on track for Ireland to exit the programme on schedule - has been replaced by the more realistic acceptance that to re-enter the markets we will need a deal to re-engineer the part of our national debt related to the banking bailout.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.