Data Centres: What makes a good data centre?
Not all facilities are the same, so what makes a perfect host? Ian Campbell investigates.
Ireland’s relationship with data centres has been developing at a stop-start pace since the turn of the millennium. Big names came and many went with the dotcom bust, but the good work of the IDA continued to sell the country as a perfect host. The number of facilities opened by international companies has grown steadily in the last decade – some for their own use and others with rack space to rent. Add indigenous players to the list and it’s no wonder that data centres are a hot tech topic in Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive