Cloud Computing: Soft options in the cloud
Software-as-a-Service may be maturing, but vendors and customers are still on a learning curve.
When Salesforce launched its CRM product in the cloud over a decade ago, it set in train a transformation in the way software is delivered. Microsoft may initially have been slow to jump onboard - it was understandably reluctant to cannibalise sales of highly lucrative on-premise products - but recent financial results suggest that its core product, Office 365, is really starting to gain momentum.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.