Burton scraps special diet scheme for new entrants
The 6,000 people currently benefiting from the scheme will still receive their payments
Social protection minister Joan Burton has scrapped a scheme which helps people on special diets to pay their food bills.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive