Banks must be forced to forgive and forget
A comprehensive debt mediation system is needed to aid the recovery of the economy
When a bank holds a loan worth €200,000 it is an asset valued at that figure. Even if the security for the loan is a property that has fallen in value to €100,000.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive