Tullow Oil founder to step down as CEO after 31 years
Aidan Heavey will become chairman of the exploration group for a period of up to two years
The founder of Tullow Oil, Aidan Heavey, is to step down from his position as chief executive of the exploration group after more than 30 years in the job, becoming chairman for a period of up to two years. He will be succeeded by the current chief operating officer, Paul McDade, the company said.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive