The unhealthy truth about Ireland’s drugs deficit
Irish patients have access to fewer new medicines than those in other EU countries – and they wait longer to get them
Patients in Ireland are among those with the worst access to new medicines in western Europe, according to a new report that examined access across the continent.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.