The dual despair: the tragedy of families who needed help but failed to get it
When a person suffers from mental health and substance abuse issues, accessing treatment is doubly difficult
Ava Byrne turned two on January 19. It is unlikely that she or her family will ever really celebrate her birthday, however, as her father’s body was discovered on the same date.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive