The deadly cost of a dual diagnosis
System refuses to acknowledge alcoholism and mental health issues are two sides of the same coin
Imagine walking down the street and falling. You’re rushed to hospital and diagnosed with a broken leg. But the doctors won’t treat you because you were drunk when you fell. They say you need to solve your alcohol problem first.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive