Our waiting lists are a disgrace
The government should lie back and think of England if it wants to improve hospital treatment statistics here
England has a population of 53 million. Official figures show 178 patients waited longer than 12 months for non-emergency hospital treatment there in March.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.