Nursing homes need work visas ‘with immediacy’, minister told
Nursing Home Ireland says “severe labour shortage is presenting within the employment category”
The representative body for nursing homes in Ireland lobbied the Minister for Business, Heather Humphreys, for a relaxation of the rules about hiring staff from outside the EU.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive