Nursing home time bomb awaits an ageing population
A new report shows that Ireland requires many new beds to deal with a looming crisis
A considerable growth in nursing home bed numbers is needed in many counties in order to meet the demands of our growing and ageing population.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive