Nurses’ union threatens ballot over new staff grade
Hospital management wants to enable healthcare assistants (HCAs) to work as operating theatre assistants
The nursing union has threatened to ballot nurses working at Cork University Hospital (CUH) over plans to introduce operating theatre assistants.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.