Ireland’s systems failure
The story of how an individual scandal became an institutional crisis
First, there was one woman affected by an inaccurate test result. Then there were 208. Now we don’t know how many were actually affected. As of now, we still don’t know exactly how many may have died. A scandal has become a crisis, and the crisis is showing no signs of abating.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive