HSE backtracks on 221 tally of CervicalCheck debacle
Head of screening programme says four women included in figure had another kind of cancer, or no cancer at all
It might have sounded like a bizarre question at the Oireachtas health committee, but it yielded an important response. Last Wednesday, Fianna Fáil TD Jack Chambers asked the HSE whether all 221 women understood to have been negatively affected by the CervicalCheck debacle actually had cervical cancer.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive