Drinks firms battle against ‘cash-grab’ sugar tax proposal
New tax is part of government efforts to tackle obesity
Soft drinks companies are arguing that the new sugar tax represents a “cash-grab” on the 40 per cent of people who are neither overweight nor obese.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.