Department of Health told of huge hospital overrun months before disclosure
Officials said overrun figure on €1.7 billion project was not ‘final’
The Department of Health was informed of massive cost overruns at the €1.7 billion National Children’s Hospital project last August, but the public was not told until December.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive