Budget allocates more than €17bn to health sector
This represents a significant €1.695 billion increase on the initial funding commitment for 2018
The health sector will receive more than €17 billion in exchequer funding for day-to-day services and capital infrastructure next year (2019) - the highest ever budget.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.