A progressive system is needed that allows people to save money by saving water, writes Colin Murphy.
As John Gray looked down from his pedestal at the marchers on O’Connell Street last Saturday, it might have occurred to him that the last occasion water brought so many Dubliners onto the streets was his funeral.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive