Over 25% of GPs who qualified with Varadkar have emigrated or quit
Figures based on a survey carried out by a council member of the National Association of General Practitioners (NAGP)
More than a quarter of GPs who qualified in the same year as Taoiseach Leo Varadkar have emigrated or left general practice. Varadkar was one of 117 doctors who qualified as GPs in 2010.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive