West coast is booming as tech and tourism industries take off
Galway city and county enjoy economic, tourism and cultural boosts as the region continues to shine, writes Siobhán Maguire
With its location on the west coast of Ireland, Galway is renowned for its beauty, cosmopolitan city and cultural events that include the annual Galway Arts Festival and Galway Races. But beneath the aesthetics and festivities is a hub of activity that has set the city and county apart as a prime location of industry and employment.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.