Vulture funds have green light to ‘solve’ the mortgage crisis
Repossession and personal insolvency seem to be the government’s preferred option, writes Brian Reilly
Whether you are a “performing” borrower or a “non-performing” borrower and in arrears, the sale of your loan and mortgage to a vulture fund represents an alarming development. Even though it is stated government policy to “keep families in their homes” the self-same government’s actions are of little effect.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive