Today’s workers need to be savers for tomorrow
Employees could face a pension crisis if they don’t take action sooner rather than later
The most recent CSO figures, issued in 2015, indicate that pension coverage decreased during the economic downturn from 51 per cent in 2009 to the current rate of just 47 per cent.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.