Threat of cyber attacks can no longer be ignored
Companies must take measures to protect their data or they risk major financial and reputational damage
The problem with dealing with malware and other malicious attacks is that they don’t care who or what they’re attacking. Usually an attack is thrown out into the wild in the hope that someone will download it, open an attachment and be infected by it. Since the internet has no borders, malware can attack and infect anyone, anywhere, something Irish businesses should be aware of.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.