Making a strategic contribution
Managed services are really a way to take IT seriously, writes Jason Walsh
Often seen as mere outsourcing, in fact managed services is a lot more like taking on a partner company to help develop a strategic approach to IT. John Bergin, managing director of IT Force, said that the managed services sector has grown precisely because IT’s role in business is now so central.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.