Brexit and the culture of negotiations
Recognising and accepting others’ differences is the most important starting point for successful agreements
One of the most important lessons we can take from culture is that culture is not about making differences; culture is about recognising differences. Due to the rise of social media and the fast pace of information being communicated, people are quick to make judgments based on assumptions being presented on a surface level without giving due cause to what informs people’s behaviour.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.