Covid-19 certs used by almost 723,000 for dining and travel

The digital certificates appear to have had a successful initial rollout, amid signs of strong public uptake

8th August, 2021
Covid-19 certs used by almost 723,000 for dining and travel
According to the Department of Public Expenditure, around 92 per cent of those who had their certs validated between July 27 and August 5 were Irish. The remaining 8 per cent were mainly from Britain, France, Italy, Germany and other EU countries.

Close to three-quarters of a million people have used their new digital Covid-19 certs for indoor dining and for flights abroad.

The information has been recorded on the government’s digital Covid-19 cert checker app, which is being used by bar, restaurant and airline staff to check a person’s Covid-19 status.

There were concerns about the practicality of pubs and restaurants using the certs but the strong public uptake is a sign...

Subscribe from just €1 for the first month!

Currency

What's Included

With any subscription you will have access to

  • 971569B3-2C5E-4C45-B798-CEADE16987A8

    Unlimited multi-device access to our iPad, iPhone and Android Apps

  • 099C8662-C57C-42F2-9426-F2F90DF17C8F

    Unlimited access to our eReader library

  • 198AE43B-B9CF-4892-8769-D63C2104BA08

    Exclusive daily insight and opinion seven days a week

  • D8F37B78-25E4-4E4A-A376-4F5789B1564A

    Create alerts to never miss a subject that matters to you

  • B15F2521-37CD-4E02-B898-730A20D39F7F

    Get access to exclusive offers for subscribers on gifts and experiences

  • A564FE02-1AB8-4579-AF9D-BA32A2E5ACA7

    Get content from Business Post, Business Post Magazines, Connected, Tatler and Food & Wine

Related Stories

Nphet signals end to most restrictions including Covid certs and limits at events

IDA ‘vigorously defending’ legal claim over ventilator contract

Frontline workers to get €1,000 pandemic bonus