Taste over 80 wines at the Rioja Wine Festival by WineOnline.ie
Enjoy an expert masterclass with John Wilson and experience a region full world of flair and flavour. In partnership with WineOnline.ie
Ireland loves Rioja. It is approachable but accessible. It is rich, layered and easy to enjoy. WineOnline.ie are delighted to be celebrating the broad choice, premium quality, and versatile grapes at the ultimate wine experience for Rioja lovers this October.
At more than 66,000ha, the Rioja region is vast and varied, cooled by the Atlantic and high altitudes to the north and warmed by a clement Mediterranean influence from the south. It is divided into three distinct geographical zones, with Rioja Alavesa dominated by the Basque mountain range of the Sierra de Cantabria in the north, Rioja Alta perched as high as 700m above the Atlantic in the north-west and the lower-lying Rioja Oriental in the south where higher temperatures ripen a range of grape varieties.
The Rioja Wine Festival by WineOnline.ie will take place at Printworks @ The Morrison Hotel, Ormond Quay Lower, Dublin on Saturday October 22 and over 80 wines from all regions will be showcased on the day. The event will be run over two sessions in order to space out attendees and maximise interaction and the opportunity for ticket holders to taste as many wines as possible.Sessions will run from 2pm-5pm and 6pm–9pm and John Wilson, Irish Times wine columnist will host two masterclasses per session.
You’ll pick up
Upon entry you’ll get your own INAO wine tasting glass, which is yours to keep. You’ll also receive a tasting map so you can navigate the wines and you’ll pick up insider tips and information from the very people who sell these wines day in, day out. There is so much to learn about Rioja, including new trends and modern winemaking styles and you can taste them all for yourself!
Over 80 wines will be available to taste and most of the top Rioja estates will be present. Each of the wines will be represented by their unique importers who will be delighted to engage questions and discussions, so ask them lots! There will be whites, reds and some rose wines to taste throughout the day.
• Cheese and charcuterie boards from executive chef Sushil Kumar at The Morrison
• Enjoy tasting through over 80 wines from this diverse region
• Exclusive festival offers on the day
• General Admission Ticket: €35 per person - taste over 80 wines, receive your own wine tasting glass to keep, tasting map, charcuterie and cheeses.
• Premium Masterclass Ticket: €45 per person - taste over 80 wines, receive your own wine tasting glass to keep, tasting map, charcuterie and cheeses and Rioja Masterclass with eight wines and Q&A with John Wilson, Irish Times wine columnist. Visit WineOnline.ie to book your ticket.
In partnership with WineOnline.ie