Yes, the banks need to reduce their bad loans. But this cannot be achieved at Irish society’s wider expense
In the course of 2010, I spent a considerable amount of time at meetings in the Department of Finance as Flac’s representative on the government-appointed Mortgage Arrears and Personal Debt Group.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive