Our winter of discontent is rooted in government’s ignorance of problems
Brexit, Trump and industrial action in Ireland all stem from the same thing
Britain has Brexit, America has Donald Trump and Ireland now finally appears to have its winter of discontent. In different ways, all three phenomena come from the same root: dissatisfaction on the ground as governments ignore or make worse the problems faced by real people.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.