Whistleblowers’ motivations are relevant in disclosure of trade secrets
The high standard of a new law on trade secrets is likely to make whistleblowing impossible
The European Union (Protection of Trade Secrets) Regulations 2018 came into effect in June 2018, implementing the Trade Secrets Directive 2016/943 in Ireland.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.