The taxman cometh: how to survive a Revenue audit
Being tax compliant is sound business practice, but mistakes do happen. Here’s how to be prepared
Last year, Revenue collected more than €300 million from 6,500 Revenue audits, and another €300 million from other Revenue checks. That sounds like a lot, but it’s just over 1 per cent of all taxes collected.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive