Wells Fargo chief executive steps down
John Stumpf has stepped down as the chief executive of US bank Wells Fargo, as the bank grapples with a scandal over its sales practices. In September, the bank was hit with a multimillion-dollar fine by US regulators for “secretly opening unauthorised deposit and credit card accounts”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive