Valuing and spotting value is harder than it sometimes seems
There are many traps in trying to accurately assess value, says Michael Murray
Despite the transparency and liquidity of the developed world’s largest stock markets, assessing value can prove challenging. There are many traps in trying to accurately do so. Nobody claims that valuation is an exact science, even if it is likely to be more exact for some types of companies than others.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.