Upping the Ante: Racing will miss O’Leary’s wit, his genius and his money
The Ryanair chief is not everyone’s cup of tea, but he is never dull, and you can always rely on his horses to give their all
What a couple of weeks Irish racing has endured. The retirement of Ruby Walsh was surprising if not shocking; the news that Michael O’Leary is exiting the game was shocking if not surprising. Pat Smullen’s decision to call time on health grounds was relegated to a relatively minor story in between. It has been that sort of May.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.