Upping the Ante : Blue skies mean racecourses resort to winter watering
At least Cheltenham should temporarily take our minds off global warming
In mid-January, the Irish Times invited readers to mail in photographs that advertised the remarkably mild winter, with the caption: “Butterflies, daffs and grass-cutting in January: has nature gone haywire?”
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.