Upping the ante: Amid sideline bickering, Tribesmen provide the on-pitch drama
It was a week in which the blazers of Irish sport would probably have preferred to be on a convenient holiday
Last Wednesday, the FAI announced the creation of a fund worth €300,000 to help clubs experiencing difficulty in meeting contractual obligations to professional players. This follows the crises that have threatened the futures of Limerick FC and, in particular, Bray Wanderers FC.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive