Upping the Ante: The agony and the ecstasy of a life in racing
From a jockey who has to lose 8lbs in one day to a trainer who never goes on holiday, in racing there is no respite
The life of the jockey is less than glamorous much of the time, even those who ride at the top. Ruby Walsh returned from several months out less than a week before the Cheltenham Festival, having broken his leg again in mid-November. Five days after his return, having ridden a double in the Cotswolds on Tuesday, he was suspected to have fractured the leg once again.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.