Tony O’Reilly sells off assets worth €35m to repay loans
Tycoon offloads further stake in Independent News & Media, as asset sell-off escalates
Former billionaire Tony O’Reilly has raised €35 million from asset sales as he seeks to repay his extensive borrowings since his lenders moved on him last year.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive