Tom Lyons on the INM probe
Denis O’Brien has been unusually silent about the ODCE’s investigation into the group
In an interview with the publisher Ian Hyland in his recent book Ireland Inc, Denis O’Brien, the tycoon who is the largest shareholder in Independent News & Media, describes his long-term lieutenant as an unbelievable person. “I think INM would be out of business only for Leslie.” Other investors in INM (Independent News & Media) might not be so generous in their praise this week, as more controversies continue to emerge about events during Leslie Buckley’s time as chairman of the publicly quoted media company.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.