Time to face the ‘pain in the gain’
Comment: Those who have sought to avoid tax still have time to settle the matter without penalties or publication
The Finance Act 2014 introduced a settlement opportunity for taxpayers who entered into a tax avoidance transaction on or before October 23, 2014. The opportunity, known as the QAD1 declaration, allows those in dispute with Revenue on tax avoidance matters to settle their tax affairs on a favourable basis.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive