Time for the banks to do their bit
Loan sales must happen, despite public anger. But rates need to drop for new borrowers
This year marks the tenth anniversary of the financial crisis. In the coming months, there will be plenty of milestones to remember. There was the St Patrick’s Day massacre of Irish bank shares, the fire sale of Bear Stearns, the collapse of Lehman Brothers, our own bank guarantee and many more painful events. Ten years on, this country is still living with some of the scars of the last crash.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events.
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Michael Brennan, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider.
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive.