The year in media
Acquisitions, departures, mergers, data hacks: newspapers were often busy covering their own industry in 2018
It has been a turbulent few years for Independent News and Media, and 2018 was no exception. The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) has been investigating the publisher of the Irish Independent since 2016. Earlier this year, High Court inspectors were appointed to examine issues at the company including the alleged removal from, and interrogation of, the data of 19 people.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive