The Tax Take: The palpable tax collection urgency
New measures in recent years have resulted in a scramble when it comes to tax collection in this country
January is invariably a tough month, cash-wise, and a January with five Mondays feels even tougher. It’s helped, though, for many of us this week by the first payslip of 2017, containing as it does the benefit of the reduction in USC and its creation of a little bit of personal “fiscal space”.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive