The Tax Take: We need to get ready for a forcible, abrupt Brexit
A rough departure by Britain from the EU spells trouble for the North
It is just over six months since the then British secretary of state for justice, Michael Gove, claimed that everyone was tired of hearing from experts. The recent departure of the former British ambassador to the EU, Ivan Rogers, followed rapidly by his retirement from the British civil service, seems to confirm this view.
Independent journalism every day
With digital access you can read The Business Post whenever, wherever, and however you want.
- Unlimited access to all sections of The Business Post on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Breaking news, comment and analysis from the best Business Post writers seven days a week.
- Live blogs of major news events
- Videos and podcasts from some of the industry's most respected journalists such as Tom Lyons, Susan Mitchell and Ian Guider
- Access to The Business Post's extensive archive